What is Common Core? Resources for Parents
California public schools are in the process of implementing a new set of standards for English and Math called Common Core State Standards. Learn what this means for you!
- Dec. 11: Free Speaking Event with Howard Fuller and School Resource Fair
- On December 11th at the CA African American Museum, ExED and Families That Can are co-sponsoring an event for South LA parents and community members featuring passionate speaker Dr. Howard Fuller and a school resource with information tables from over 25 Los Angeles schools.
- Parent Power Highlighted at Film Screening in Sacramento
- Parents, teachers, and community leaders gathered outside of the Guild Theater in Sacramento to attend the screening and follow-up discussion of We The Parents, a documentary chronicling the first attempt to use California's parent trigger law.
- Meet Minerva Clayton
- Minerva Clayton joined Families That Can in fall 2013 as Director, Family and Community Engagement, working with charter schools across the Inland Empire.